Monday, January 5, 2009

First day at daycare

Yesterday was Ella's first day with Peg. I dropped her off about 7am and picked her up after 3. She was good for Peg and Reg but very challenging when we got home. She screamed bloody murder if I put her down so I didnt get much done. I cried all evening because she was so upset and just wanted me. I hate that someone else gets to enjoy her all day and I only get her for a couple hours at night and during those hours I am trying to get stuff done around the house. Tonight I put her in her baby bjourn which she LOVES and cooked dinner and got stuff done around the house. I felt like this worked because she could be close to me and I could still be somewhat productive. Peg said that today she did much better and seemed a little more comfortable. On a more positive note, we had a great family trip to Greenville this past weekend. We packed up Miss Ella and went to the Black Frog for a late lunch. I fed her there, put her in her little pink bear snow suit and tucked her into her baby bjourn harness (thanks to Aunt Katie for letting us borrow it!), and off she and I went to do some shopping while Daddy stayed back to enjoy a cocktail. It was really cold and windy so we could not stay out long but I wore one of Papa Chris's old Carhart jackets and it fit around us well so she was protected from the wind. The next day I used it in the grocery store and she again did excellent. She likes it better because she is nosy and can see more than in her car seat. Hopefully as we go we will all settle into a routine and she will adjust to her new schedule. In the meantime, I let her come to bed with us around 4 for a couple of extra hours of snuggling.

1 comment:

  1. glad to see that you are making it through the toughest first few days at daycare! it's an adjustment period for everyone and things will fit into place shortly! fun to hear you talk about the black frog. it brings back memories of our visit to greenville. i love that we had a few days in maine cause it's great to be able to relate well to people, places, and things in your blog. i feel more a part of everything.
    give ella a kiss for me, and kev too!

    ReplyDelete