Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine's Party

My my Miss Ella is growing up fast. Last Friday in her bag was a list of the children's names at her daycare for their Valentine's day party this Thursday. I found myself tonight running to the store to get valentines and making them out somewhere in the middle of putting away groceries, cooking dinner, talking on the phone, building a fire, and doing laundry. This is motherhood. I am excited for her to enjoy the party, even if she is only a few months old. It's wonderful that Peg and Reg take the time to make special days for the kids. Ella is doing wonderful, sleeping sometimes 11 hours at night, and staying on her routine. She slept until almost 8am on Sunday! She is laughing out loud and loves her exersaucer. This weekend we will make a trip out to get her a bumbo seat, as she likes to sit on my lap "like a big girl". Kevin and I have both been sick the past few days so we are watching her, hoping that it somehow will skip her. We absolutely adore being parents and are in love with our little girl.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like everything is going well with Ella, Mom and Dad! It's great to read about you multi-tasking as a big part of motherhood! I think that's the main ingrediant for great family life. Stay on the run but make the most of your down time (there's only a little of that). The pics you sent most recently show how fast Ella is growing! She's always smiling which makes me wonder what she's thinking! If she's anything like her father (and I think she is) look out!!!
    Well, enjoy and give her a kiss from grandma rosie!

    ReplyDelete